The Church Year and the Lectionary Commentary – Easter (Day 2)


Psalm 118:1-2, 14-24

1 Give thanks to the LORD
because he is good,
because his faithful love lasts forever.
2 Let Israel say it:
“God’s faithful love lasts forever!”
14 The LORD was my strength
and protection;
he was my saving help!
15 The sounds of joyful songs
and deliverance
are heard in the tents of the righteous:
“The LORD’s strong hand is victorious!
16 The LORD’s strong hand is ready to strike!
The LORD’s strong hand is victorious!”
17 I won’t die—no, I will live
and declare what the LORD has done.
18 Yes, the LORD definitely disciplined me,
but he didn’t hand me over to death.
19 Open the gates of righteousness for me
so I can come in
and give thanks to the LORD!
20 This is the LORD’s gate;
those who are righteous
enter through it.
21 I thank you because you answered me,
because you were my saving help.
22 The stone rejected by the builders
is now the main foundation stone!
23 This has happened because of the LORD;
it is astounding in our sight!
24 This is the day the LORD acted;
we will rejoice and celebrate in it!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Parable of the Talents – A View from the Other Side

Spikenard Sunday/Palm Sunday by Kurt Vonnegut

Am I A Conservative?