What’s Forgiveness Got to Do With It?

A middle-aged pastor was tormented by the memories of a heinous sin she had committed many years before. Finally in desperation she sought out a spiritual director. She told him how her memories and dreams had been poisoned by this particular event. After a few moments of silence, the spiritual director told this woman that she often met and talked with Jesus in her dreams.

“Would you like for me to ask him anything next time we meet?”

“Ask him about my sin, please, please!” the woman replied.

Several weeks later the spiritual director called this pastor and made an appointment to see her. “I met Jesus in my dreams a couple of nights ago and asked him about your sin.”

“What did he say?” she asked nervously.

“Well, he furrowed his brow, paced around a bit, then shrugged his shoulders and said ‘What sin? I can’t remember any.’”

This is the covenant that I will make with them.
After these days, says the Lord,
I will place my laws in their hearts
and write them on their minds.
And I won’t remember their sins
and their lawless behavior anymore.
(Hebrews 10:16-17)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Parable of the Talents – A View from the Other Side

Spikenard Sunday/Palm Sunday by Kurt Vonnegut

Am I A Conservative?