Out of the mouth of babes . . .

Had this mind-blowing conversation with my five year-old grandson last night while watching "The Lion King." After Mufasa died saving Simba from his own folly and the machinations of his evil uncle Scar, my grandson said to me: "Lots of stories are about people dying to save other people. Why is that, Opa?" After I picked my jaw up off the floor I replied, "Well, most people think that the most loving thing one person can do for another is to give up their life so they can live." While he pondered that for a moment, I added, "That's what Jesus did for all people. He loved us so much he died for us even though we had done lots of stuff wrong." "So Jesus did what Mufasa did?" "Yes," I added, "and we know that we will be saved like Simba was because God brought Jesus back to life. That's God's way of saying "Way to go, Jesus! That's the way I love all people. Because of you they'll live forever."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Parable of the Talents – A View from the Other Side

Spikenard Sunday/Palm Sunday by Kurt Vonnegut

Am I A Conservative?