Six Forms of Selfishness



·  Self-focus: I start to lose interest in a conversation that's not about me or in a story that I'm not telling.
·  Self-glorification: I do what I do to make a name for myself, to get noticed, to get recognition, or to be seen as someone important.
·  Self-obsession: My internal dialogue is all about me. How do I look? How do I feel? What should I do? Why didn't so-and-so acknowledge me? 
·  Self-rule: Me determining the rules of my life, silently or not so silently demanding that others keep my commandments.
·  Self-righteousness: Not thinking that I'm better than others in the traditional sense of the term, but looking down my nose at people who don't realize they're bad like me.
·  Self-reliance: Living as if I don't need divine intervention to do life, which especially manifests itself in pockets of prayerlessness.

See more at: http://redmeatforthesoul.com/article/six_types_of_selfishness_that_jesus_died_to_kill?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+RedMeatForTheSoul+%28Red+Meat+for+the+Soul%29&utm_content=Google+Reader#sthash.QoFiML1j.dpuf

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Parable of the Talents – A View from the Other Side

Spikenard Sunday/Palm Sunday by Kurt Vonnegut

Am I A Conservative?