Daily Lenten Reflection (4/1)




In God the Father Almighty, maker of heaven and earth


Not in magic or manipulation. Not in divine powers that I can wield for my own purposes. Not in heavenly voodoo. But in God, source of a light that is still hidden to me, source of a life towards which I grope with death hard at my heels, source of a joy that lies in waiting somewhere beneath or beyond or within this darkness.

“To discover who I am I need to discover the relation in which I stand to an active, prior Other, to a transcendent creator:  I don’t first sort out who I am then seek for resources to sustain that identity.”  Bono 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Parable of the Talents – A View from the Other Side

Spikenard Sunday/Palm Sunday by Kurt Vonnegut

Am I A Conservative?