Let's get "Vile" for Jesus!

Most of us Christians need to become more "vile."  If fact, I think "vileness" is both a fruit of the Spirit and a spiritual gift, not to mention a spiritual discipline!  If I was still preaching I'd preach on "vileness" this Sunday!
 
What is this "vileness" of which I speak?  George Whitefield taught and inspired John Wesley to become more "vile" with his innovative practice of preaching in the fields to the miners going to and coming home from work in the mines.  Willingness to get out of the church and in the trenches with the people is the vileness Wesley learned.  And I suspect it is the vileness most of us must learn today as well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Parable of the Talents – A View from the Other Side

Spikenard Sunday/Palm Sunday by Kurt Vonnegut

Am I A Conservative?