Why Did Jesus Die? Baxter Kruger


 Why did Jesus die?  Who killed him?  What was his death really about?  I read the four gospels straight through looking for an answer to this question.  Given that I was brought up in Calvinism and modern Evangelicalism (both of which are quite different from the evangelical vision of the ancient church) I expected to find a series of verses that proclaimed that Jesus suffered from his Father the just punishment for our sins.  What I actually found did not fit in with my expectations.  Again and again Jesus told his disciples what was happening.  Here is what I found:

Read more at http://us7.campaign-archive1.com/?u=b729a2702cb155e5ecbacddc2&id=8520259394

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Parable of the Talents – A View from the Other Side

Spikenard Sunday/Palm Sunday by Kurt Vonnegut

Am I A Conservative?